LCQ Napier Course
License Controller Qualification (LCQ) is the qualification you need when applying to get a Manager’s Certificate, needed when you are a Duty Manager in any establishment that sells or supplies alcohol. It gives you a good understanding of the law and host responsibility as related to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012.
LCQ Duty Manager Course
LCQ Napier Course
Completed In One Day – Our Napier LCQ classroom course is completed in ONLY one day. At the end of the day you will have completed the course and the exam.
Best Chance of Success – Our course is structured in a way that we believe makes it the easiest and fastest way to retain the information and complete the exam. We email access to the in-class training materials before the class, so that you are able to prepare and feel confident on the day.
Official NZQA Licence Controller Qualification – On completion of the course and exam, you’ll receive the official Licence Controller Qualification. This is the qualification, you need to get your Manager’s Certificate at your local council.
Tutors with Industry Experience – Our qualified specialist tutors are able to answer questions throughout the course, and share useful industry knowledge and stories, to help give you context to the information. Feel free to ask any questions that may be relevant to your particular licensed work place.
Handy Resources to Keep – At the course you will be provided with training materials which you can continue to refer to during your career. You will receive a Managers Guide to the Sale and Supply of Alcohol, as well as a workbook which you can fill in, and use as a handy resource to help with your exam.
Recognised as a Quality Training Organisation – Our organisation is NZQA accredited and has a highly confident rating with NZQA. This is the highest category a training organisation can achieve and indicates NZQA are highly confident in our educational quality and performance.
Where in Napier – Check the location when completing the registration. This will be noted on the registration email.
How Much Does it Cost? $260 includes: manual, workbook, exam and qualification costs and GST.
When – The day usually runs from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
This course covers the following 2 Unit Standards which make up the official Licence Controller Qualification:
- Unit Standard 4646 Demonstrate knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act and its implications for the operation of licensed premises
- Unit Standard 16705 Demonstrate knowledge of host responsibility requirements as a Duty Manager of licensed premises.
During the course, the following topics will be covered:
- Legal requirements, offenses and penalties around serving alcohol
- Host Responsibility
- Duty manager and server responsibilities
- Creating a safe drinking environment
- How to identify intoxicated patrons and techniques for assessing their intoxication levels
- Server techniques of dealing with intoxicated patrons and maintaining customer and staff safety
- Application and renewal process for managers certificates
What happens once I register?
An automatic registration confirmation email is sent. (If you don’t receive this after a couple of minutes, your email address may have a typo) The email includes the following:
- Location, Date & Time Information
- A link for resources, which include an electronic copy of the course manual and workbook
- What to bring
- The cost of the course and bank account number to pay by Internet Banking is near the bottom of the email in red writing. Or pay by credit card using the ‘Pay balance online’ button (Credit Card Fee applies)
- The middle part of the email is a Tax Invoice for your records
If you have more questions, take a look at FAQ page, Course Information and Terms
4 Steps to get your Managers Certificate
Complete LCQ Certificate Course
Best Option: •Classroom (qualification gained same day), Other Options: •Zoom course, or •Distance Learning.
Two Exam Parts to pass.
Get LCQ Certificate
We apply for your Unit Standards and Send you your LCQ Certificate.
Apply for Managers Certificate
You visit local Council website to apply. Interview also required.
LCQ Napier Dates
Subscribe for updates
If you frequently have staff needing to get their LCQ qualification, then subscribe here, for periodic updates on the next courses in your area. We’ll also send you the occasional helpful tip for Licensed premises.
Register for the Next LCQ Course
Show all LCQ course Options Click the Upcoming Courses button use Category to find the next course for Online Zoom, Distance Learning or a different location . . .
LCQ Napier » LCQ Certificate Course for Managers Certificate
Our LCQ Napier classroom course and exam is completed in one day. Taught by a qualified tutor with relevant industry experience. Reference Manual included.
Course Provider: Organization
Course Provider Name: The Training Bureau
Course Provider URL: www.trainingbureau.co.nz